Wednesday, December 3, 2014

well K is now enrolled in that 7 week program - starts tomorrow.  I have high hopes - which normally I'm usually a little more pessimistic thinking when it comes to expectations as in hope for the best expect the worst but the guy we worked with really seemed to know what he was talking about and he seemed to be able to communicate with K in a way that seemed hopeful - plz plz plz let this work out - I kinda wish they offered a longer term BUT it's better than nothing!!!

things have been pretty calm since the last crisis with K but that's pretty much because I haven't been rocking the boat - in other words making any demands or expectations for K.

Her diagnosis as of now:

severe clinical depression with rule out for psychosis
generalized anxiety disorder with rule out for PTSD

he said she said some things during their one on one interview that were kinda red flaggy for psychosis but not so blatant that alarms were going off so they are going to attempt to rule it out - I know exactly what he means when he said this so I'm kinda glad to hear he thought it to

he thinks she might have PTSD which could be causing the anxiety and other things

I was very impressed

*************************************************

still doing my 7 minute workout going on about three weeks I think - I'm proud of myself.  I love this because 1)it's quick, 2) can do at home no equipment needed.  I'm sooooooooo glad I read about this workout plan.  I can really tell a difference in how I feel physically and mentally.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry she has to be gone for Christmas! Maybe it will make for a calmer, quieter holiday for the family? I have been diagnosed with PTSD, GAD and Clinical Depression--over the last 20 years. There are marvelous drugs that can really help those conditions--once your body gets used to them. Of course, she is dealing with sexual abuse--and she is too young to wrap her mind around that. I was only dealing with mental and physical abuse and I was in my late 40's and 50's at the time, so it was easier for me to see that none of it was my fault--well, it wasn't easier for a time, but now I realize that none of what I did gave him any reason to beat the heck out of me and try and kill me! We always think it's our fault--why is that? I am hoping the talk therapy will help her with the PTSD. I hope they can get the medication cocktail right for her. If they do, she will be all right and as she grows and matures, she will find her way to a productive life. As for you My Dear--good for you for taking care of yourself--even if it is only 7 minutes a day!!!

    ReplyDelete