Thursday, August 14, 2014

K woke me up at 4am this morning.   She told me that she is "getting bad" again and that she had cut last night.  She told me that she feels like killing herself and she wanted me to take her to the mental hospital because she doesn't feel like she can control the urge anymore.  Her arm looked terrible, about like these


So, I took her.  Honestly, I think she felt relieved.  I think she wants to be better but what we were doing was not working.  I'm praying they can help her.  I hate to see her like this.  What makes it even crazier is I thought she was doing better.  Yesterday she posted pictures from lunch at school looking like she was having fun, then she went to a festival with a friend.  I thought she was doing good.  Then she wakes me up and tells me my whole perception is totally off.  It makes me feel like I have no powers of perception.  However, I am so glad she told me.  A friend of mine told me he knows three families whose children have committed suicide and there was no warning, no indication that anything was wrong with them, until the killed themselves their families had no idea anything was wrong.  That's scary.

Please keep up in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe reading about Robin Williams made her think about that? Teenagers get so dramatic in their thoughts. I am so glad you took her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for all that you are going through, and especially for this situation with your daughter. Depression and suicidal thoughts, especially with a teenager can be a very difficult road to navigate. So glad she was able to come to you and ask for help...as hard as it is, acknowledging, asking for and accepting help are all positive steps. Thinking about you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete