Wednesday, November 5, 2014

well haven't posted in some time - life just gets in the way sometimes.

turns out my daughter M's therapist is the one that made the report to CPS AND it turns out this was from something that my daughter told her in August AND in her notes it wasn't real clear AND she got it wrong - yes she waits a month to report it but she's a mandatory reporter - I was furious.  When we went to therapy the next week M told her therapist about it and she realized she had made a mistake in what she reported, she at least was man enough to take responsibility and let me know that she was the one but I'm still blown away by this.  Granted she has not known us that long - M's original therapist got a new job - but still, don't you think you would be SURE of what you heard before you report it?  However, since the therapist has admitted her mistake this will hopefully blow over with no problem, it already would be I think but the original worker is no longer on that unit and the case is being reassigned - ridiculous.

Got a letter from the IRS and my exemption is being changed to single due to the tax shenanigans by the ex.  I normally claim 8 because I always get money back at the end of the year and I want my money during the year not as a lump sum at the end because as a single mother of three with NO child support, I need all the money I can get.  So, supposed to get my first paycheck like that this week, this will be a bad month financially.  I have contacted the tax payer advocate and they are going to assist me with getting it changed to 4, but that will probably take up to 30 days.

Luckily the girls seem to be doing ok right now (knock on wood), so that is one thing to be thankful for and I am because ultimately that is the most important thing.

Pray for us please.



1 comment:

  1. I always had it figure out on my tax forms to have not much withdrawn because, like you, I needed as much as I could get every month. One year I did have to pay the IRS--$10.00, but it was well worth it. People think if they get a big refund it is like a gift--they don't realize that the government has had THEIR money all year, interest free! Glad you got the CPS straightened out--it is hard working with government agencies!!

    ReplyDelete